The Hybrid Program - Strength and Conditioning Group Training
Best of Both Worlds
The HYBRID Program is the perfect combination of the STRENGTH & LEAN programs in one challenging class. Think of it as a “mixer pack” of training principles that will challenge the body’s muscular and cardiovascular systems. The class begins with strength-focused circuits, and finishes with cardiovascular training. This class provides a well-rounded approach to ensure you see results in every aspect of your fitness goals!
The HYBRID Prøgram follows along the same periodized programming as the STRENGTH & LEAN programs as follows:
Strength Endurance & Anaerobic Plyometrics
- The initial phase is focused on building up the capacity of your muscles to do work and prepare them to handle the challenges to come.
- The focus during this phase is on lighter resistance and higher number of repetitions (12+). Using a controlled tempo, you will gradually increase your weights (i.e. resistance) when possible to achieve fatigue and that light “burn” in the muscles.
- This phase focuses on shorter bursts of higher intensity exercises to elevate your heart rate to near maximal levels.
Hypertrophy & Anaerobic Endurance
- This phase focuses on developing your muscle fibers by increasing your resistance (i.e. weights) and decreasing your repetitions compared to the previous phase (in the 10 repetition range).
- There will be an emphasis on slow tempos during the eccentric phase of movements, which will accentuate the breakdown of your muscles in order to build them up again.
- To maximize your results during this phase, you can expect to minimize your rest between sets and push yourself to fatigue!
Heavier Strength & Aerobic Endurance
- The final phase will culminate in achieving your maximal muscular strength goals by increasing your resistance and decreasing your repetitions once again from the previous phase (in the 8 repetition range).
- The goal of this phase will be to achieve your own personal best for resistance on any given movement.
- This phase focuses on longer sustained movements which are targeted to keep your heart rate elevated at moderate levels throughout the workout.