The ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE Prøgram
Dynamic Full Body Strength and Power
Take the fundamentals provided by The STRENGTH Program, and start to push the limits of your athletic expression. The ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE Program focuses on three different aspects of performance; Raw Strength, Power Production, and Dynamic Movement Patterns.
This unique 3-day-per-week program utilizes more challenging compound movements including some Olympic lifting (although this is not a barrier or requirement for entry). This program cycles through 4 phases every 16 weeks.
- Strengthening and stabilizing joints by holding positions for longer periods of time
- Develop movement patterns using variations of a Burgener Warm-Up
- Establish or refine landing mechanics and force absorption
- Increase strength-endurance to prepare for work to come and to enhance recovery
- Continuing to develop movement patterns building on Barbell warm-up variations
- Refining the big lifts/movements (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Overhead Pressing, and Pull Ups), giving athletes lots of repetitions and practice utilizing more sets building up to heavier weights
- Increase movement efficiency by establishing excellent form
Power Output Phase
- Every workout will include some aspect of Olympic lifting (or a sufficient adaptation) to achieve a similar full-body stimulus
- Power = Force x Velocity, which means athletes will be challenged to lift heavy, and lift fast without compromising on technique.
- Start to push your single, double, and triple rep maxes, and set some new PRs in a variety of big lifts and movements
- Maximize your movement potential
- Establish your new base for ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE